Our new AVChat release is focused on bringing an even more enjoyable experience with a completely new emoticons panel, new chat options and UI polishes.
The New Emoticon Panel
We have completely remade the emoticons panel. We are now using the standardized emoticons in PNG format for Windows platforms and UTF-8 format for Mac devices. On mobile all the emoticons will be UTF-8 emoticons.
For the images (png format) we are using Twitter’s open source emoticons hosted on their CDN.
The emoticons.xml has been restructured in categories that are displayed in the panel. Emoticon packs have been removed together with the option to add custom packs, therefore the setting emoticonsurl is now deprecated.
All the changes were made in the idea of maintaining a standard.
Here’s how it now looks:
Notice at the top are the available categories which can be selected at any time and you will be taken to the respective part of the list. The ‘People’ category is featured in the screenshot.
A couple of changes have been made in this area:
- First of all the fontsize for the textarea has been moved from the themes style.xml files to avc_settings.xml in the new setting textAreaFontSize.
We made this change because the fontsize should be possible to be set uniquely per user, and this brings us to another change:
- The fontsize of the textchat messages can now be set from the chat settings window. The fontsize change will apply for all the new messages received after the change has been made.
The default size selected is 14.
The setting only applies to what a users sees and not what others see.
- List of available fonts has been redefined with Verdana being the default one: Verdana, Arial, Courier New, Helvetica, Comic Sans MS, Times New Roman.
- Tahoma has been removed because not all operating systems have it and it was getting replaced by other fonts.
This was another highly requested feature that we’ve added.
The designated hotkey is CTRL. Holding down CTRL while push to talk is enabled will function in the same way as clicking on the UI button.
Other Changes and Fixes
- The server-side setting in Red5, getRecordedVideosInfoURL became sendRecordingsInfoScriptURL
- The text logs of the media-server now contain the build number in their name.
- Reviewed documentation in settings.asc and avchat3.properties (corrected errors, completed where missing, formatted )
- Many small UI fixes for the webcam areas and text chat input.
- Fixed issue with online timer being displayed behind the rooms button for periods longer than a hour.
- Clarified documentation for NSFW option.
- Fixed issue with YouTube window not adding YouTube videos to the textchat in RTL mode.
- Fixed issue with decimals not being shown in the PPV counter.