AVChat January Build 3257 is Finally Here
Hello everyone and Happy New Year. We here at NuSoft are proud to release the first build of AVChat for the year 2014.
The Major Features
Room Music Player
Every room can now have it’s own music playlist with music tracks from SoundCloud and Youtube. Upon entering the respective room the music player will automatically start to play the songs. This feature is controlled by the new setting enableMusicForRooms found in avc_settings.xml. By default this is enabled.
When creating a new room if the feature is enabled you will notice a new text area in the room creation window.
In this text area you can add SoundCloud and YouTube track links as seen in the image above, this way a playlist list for that particular room is created. This playlist can be edited anytime be the room creator or any of the room moderators.
Upon entering the just created room a music player will be displayed in top right-corner.
With the music player you can Pause/Play the current song (for SoundCloud tracks, the Youtube tracks are controlled directly from the YouTube player embedded in the music player), skip the current song and control the volume.
The music plays automatically when entering a room and after the last track from the playlist ends, it starts automatically from the beginning.
The music player can also be minimized using the button located on the lower-left corner.
Rooms that have music playlists are displayed differently in the rooms list like so:
Webcam windows automatic alignment
Webcams can now be aligned automatically above the textchat area when other streams are opened. This is controlled by the new setting enableWebcamDocking.
Settings encryption with 128 bit AES
The settings from avc_settings.xml are now encrypted with 128 bit AES algorithm. The new encryption mechanism requires the PHP cryptography extension Mcrypt
and can be toggled on/off using enableEncryptedSettings. By default it is off and can be enabled by anyone who needs the extra security.
Additional New Features
- New demote option for the room creators if the moderator feature is enabled. This option will be available only to the room creators, this way the creator of the room is the highest ranked moderator. This option is also if the admin client is used.
- Moderators can now edit their rooms. An edit button will be available for their created rooms in the rooms list window.
- New setting hideTheseRooms that permits (you guessed it) the hiding of particular rooms. Be careful that the room/rooms set here do not conflict with the room/rooms set for the showOnlyRooms setting.
- Added new JS call for when a PM is requested. See onPrivateMessageAttempt function in index.html or admin.html.
The Pesky Bugs Solved
- Fixed issue with webcam window not closing when certain conditions were met.
- Fixed problems with the text-chat snapshot taken when a reports was made. The snapshot would be totally white, if the avatars in textchat would be enabled, and the avatar images ‘suffered’ from cross-domain invalidation.
- Fixed issue with the tab menu not highlighting all the tabs with unread messages.
- Fixed small issue with text chat elements paddings.
- Fixed issue with the webcam window side-menu not adjusting it’s size correctly.
- Added new fallbacks to default settings for some of the new settings added.
- Fixed issue that happened when the cameras were set to auto start. The onlyBroadcastersCanViewOtherCams setting was ignored.
- Fixed issue with the setting onlyBroadcastersCanViewOtherCams being ignored if the users simply started their webcam, proceeded on viewing other streams and then stopped their webcam. They could continue to watch the other streams. Now if onlyBroadcastersCanViewOtherCams is set to 1, all other streams that are being viewed are closed when the user stops broadcasting.
- White is no longer a valid color if selected. It will automatically default to black.
- Fixed issue with the search option not working while a PM tab was active.
- Fixed issue with users list becoming empty that happened sometimes when a room was closed while being in a PM tab.
- Fixed issue with the room moderator id not being correctly interpreted on Wowza.
How to download and upgrade
You can download this new build of AVChat from your client private webpage.
Steps to upgrade the old installation:
- overwrite all old client side files.(For the settings file and the language files, you can just add the new settings and the new translations to your current settings and language files.)
- overwrite the media server files and restart the media server.
If you have issues with it after upgrading make sure you clear your browser’s cache. If you still have issues after doing that send us an email at support
If you want us to upgrade your AVChat installation for you can purchase our additional AVChat Installation Service from here: http://avchat.net/buy-now#services . Once you make the purchase just email us at email@example.com.