- Wowza Media Server compatibility (more on that in a later post).
- We switched to the AS3 You Tube API, which means you can now see more than 1 video in the chat. The You Tube controls had to change tough to something simpler! .
- The color of the Top Status Bar is now the same with the color of the windows.
- The user’s avatar is now shown in the Top Status Bar and avatars now have rounded corners. The radius is controlled via style.css (cornerradius property from the windows class):
- Avatars now keep their aspect ratio.
- Admins now have the ability to close rooms ( users can not join closed rooms ):
- The Rooms List now shows separate column for # of users in the room, the description (when available) is shown in parenthesis.
- Major modifications to the AVChat 3 Module for Drupal 6 (more on that in a later post).
- Added a red glow around the tab containing the last received message.
- Added check box to disable auto scrolling ( this will allow proper viewing of pictures and videos in crowded rooms):
- Revised upload system:
- editable filetype filters for security,useful variables are now sent to upload.xxx via GET (file size, file name, etc…)
- upload system is now independent of the default uploadedFiles folder
- you can modify upload.php to put the files anywhere on your web server).
- The admin interface (admin.swf) can now be fully limited to only the features of the user interface.
- Changed the color for the following text to red: USER requests permission to view your Webcam
- You can now control the width and height of the preview area for images (imagePreviewAreaWidthAndHeight in avc_settings.xxx)
- You can now translate the Loading Settings… message via the lstext flash var.
- Moved the Who Is Typing text box to the top so that it will not cover most recent messages
- added DOS protection to writeuserlist.xxx
- added functionality to make AVChat 3 work with a license key added to settings.asc
- several issues regarding the Community Builder integration inside the Joomla 1.5 Component
- added more missing texts to the language file
- issue with maxStreams limitation not working properly when autoStartOthersWebcams was on
- room names and text messages are now properly trimmed before they are created/sent.
- issues with rounded corners not scaling properly
- issue with the rooms-I-am-in counter not increasing when you were automatically dropped in a room
How to get the new AVChat 3 release
You can obtain the latest AVChat 3 build by downloading the software again ( using the download link from the delivery/trial email) and:
- doing a clean install
- overwrite all the old files including the FMIS/Red5 server side files and the translation files
Several intermediate builds were silently posted since the last major one so some of you already benefit from some of the above features. We have some cool new features in development, hopefully we will get a new build out with some of them in the following weeks.