It has been a while since we did a proper AVChat build but now we’re putting together a new team to handle just AVChat.
The 1st product of that team so far is this new build of AVChat which fixes a lot of outstanding issues.
Here’s what’s new:
- Significantly improved security of private cams
- Echo Cancellation is now turned on by default when using Speex audio codec and thus Flash Player 10.3 is now required for AVChat to run. End users will be able to experience higher quality audio to aid conversation flow, without using a headset.
- We added a lineSpacing variable in avc_settings.xxx that controls the line spacing in AVChat 😀
- includeIPSinUserList setting is now better explained and it’s implemented on Wowza (Wowza/conf/avchat30/avchat3.properties) as well
Here’s whats fixed:
- showVideoFpsInfo was missing from the .asp file
- fixed issue on Wowza where it would not create a valid external users list XML file
- fixed issue on Red5 with some ban ranges not functioning
- fixed issue with the duration variable being improperly added to the banURL from avc_setttings.xxx when banURL contained a variable already
- fixed issue with the eye icon not disappearing from viewers in the users list when I was closing my video stream
- fixed issue on Wowza where when a hidden admin was joining a room the “X has joined” message was still shown in the text chat area
- if no comprehensible gender (like “man”) is provided by avc_settings.php, AVChat will now default to “male”
That’s it for now. A new build is in development and we hope to release it by 15th of April (Orthodox Easter).
How to get the new build:
The new build is available in your private client/trial areas.
How to upgrade an existing build:
You need to overwrite your existing AVChat files (both client side and server side) and clear your browser cache.
There’s a forum thread regarding this build available here: http://avchathq.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1551-new-avchat-build-1461-pre-easter-now-available/