The latest build of AVChat 3, made available for download today, packs some awesome new features:
- Tool tips on most buttons in the UI.
- Better UI (you can now re size your cam and the users list, other cams are now floating on top of the text chat area,cam borders are drawn correctly, slightly skinnier interface with default padding set to 6px).
- YouTube videos now play (again) in the actual YouTube player.
- Added option in the UI to show join/leave messages in the text chat.
- Lots of small updates for the text chat (proper html encoding for html characters, better detection/highlight mechanism for links, in some cases text chat would go over YouTube videos/pictures previews).
- Some small changes to the upload mechanism in php to go around some wierd web server security settings we’ve met : “http” not allowed in GET variables, not even HTML encoded !!!
- Added a new video/audio quality profile for 768kbits/s streams .
- Ghost users should now be detected and disconnected in max 17 seconds on all 3 media servers.
- Changed the way the fps, free time, nr of viewers shows up in the cam areas.
- Clicking the [Add IT] buttn in the YT submit button now adds the video directly.
- Spaces in usernames are not replaced by _ anymore.
- New option in avc_settings.xxx to disable YouTube previews.
- Added memory usage display (off by default, you can turn it on from avc_settings.xxx)
and bug fixes:
- The info about who is someone watching visible in admin.swf was not exact all the time.
- When cliking ACCEPT/DENY for someone’s request to your private stream some wierd text would fill up the text chat input box (bug introduced in build 609).
- Window padding value in style.css now actually works.
- Sorted out some sorting issues for the users list.
- When a YT movie preview was shown in the chat the whole movie was downloaded even tough you weren’t watching it.
- private streams were not working on Wowza 2 (they were on Wowza 1.7)!
and some updates to security too:
- Added the possibility to add an ip range for the ips from where admin.swf is allowed to connect.
- Admins now see the ip of each user in the text chat, you can double click the ip to select it.
- The allow localhost connections option is now available for all 3 media servers: Wowza, FMIS, Red5.
- The Rooms List in admin.swf now shows the ip of the creator of the room.
- Admin can now enter closed rooms.
How to get the new AVChat 3 release
You can obtain the latest AVChat 3 build by downloading the software again ( using the download link from the delivery/trial email) and:
- doing a clean install
- overwrite all the old files including the FMIS/Red5 server side files and the translation files