New Build (3131) for AVChat Module for phpFox 3.x
Hello everyone, this is Radu and I will be handling AVChat Integrations from now on at NuSoft.
My 1st project was to bring up to day the AVChat Video Chat Module for phpFox 3.
Today I am proud to release build 3131 of the AVChat Video Chat Module for phpFox 3.x. In this build we’ve fixed issues and added some new cool features & permissions.
New Features & Improovements:
- We’re now officially supporting phpFox 3.7
- Members can not change their phpFox gender in the login screen for AVChat and will be auto logged in.
- We’ve added two new options (“Popup Window Width”, ”Popup Window Height”) in the AVChat Module Settings that allow you to specify the exact dimensions of the pop up window in which the video chat opens up – when it opens in pop up mode.
- The Register and Sign In tab from the AVChat login screen is now shown only for unregistered users – guests.
- The users list type is now set by default to “thumbnail”, because phpFox has avatars for users. In the previous builds there was an issue that caused the users list to show thumbnails only if the member had an active avatar.
- Only admins can change their chat username.
- Guests will now receive an generic username like: “Guest_XXXX”. This will motivate them to sign up and have their own username and profile.
- When AVChat is opened in a pop up window it will now fill the entire window. No more white borders.
- We’ve added a new general setting: show avatars in text chat (You need AVChat3 build 3097 for this). If is set to true the phpFox avatar of each member will be shown in the text chat area.
- We’ve added 8 new – and very useful – user group permissions, detailed bellow.
- We’ve dropped support for phpFox 1.6 and 2 – no more new builds will be released for those platforms.
Updates to the Facebook Integration and new Twitter integration:
- Your guests can now login using their Twitter account in the video chat. This feature has been added to AVChat in the October build (3078) and today’s phpFox Module build integrates it with your phpFox visitors – guests. From your AdminCP you can set your Twitter Application Consumer Key and Consumer Secret. Check out the new documentation to learn how to activate Twitter login for phpFox your video chat.
- We’ve decided to use the native Facebook phpFox Module to allow your guests to connect using their Facebook account to AVChat. This makes your job very simple. See the documentation to learn how to enable Facebook authentication for your video chat in this new build.
- You can disable Facebook and Twitter login for all the user groups. You can find this new option (Allow Facebook/Twitter Connection) in your phpFox backend at AVChat Module Settings.
- Facebook and Twitter connect are now visible only for unregistered users – guests.
8 new user group permissions:
- You can force a user group to broadcast their cam before they can see other webcams
- You can assign a badge to each (premium) user group. This badge will show up in the users list.
- You can allow users in a user group to be moderators for the rooms that they create
- You can allow users in a user group to invite other users to join the room they create
- You can allow users in a user group to invite other users to view their webcam
- You can specify which room(s) each user group can see
- You can specify in what room(s) each user group should be placed when entering the chat
- You can enable/disable the ability of a user group to join other rooms
- Fixed issues with Facebook authentication not working in pop up.
- Fixed issues with guests not receiving the permissions set in the AdminCP
We’ve also updated the documentation to reflect the new improvements, and we’ve written a new tutorial on how to add ads in your phpFox video chat page and generate ad revenue.
The new build number is 3131 and can be downloaded from your private client area.
Have a great day!
One thought on “New Build (3131) for AVChat Module for phpFox 3.x”
I’ve been browsing on-line more than three hours as
of late, but I never discovered any attention-grabbing article like yours.
It is lovely price sufficient for me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made just right content material as you probably did, the web will
probably be much more useful than ever before.