New Build (3181) for AVChat 3 Module for Drupal 7
We’ve just released a major update to AVChat 3 Module for Drupal 7 – build 3181. In this build we’ve changed the way it works – from cookies to native Drupal code in integration.php, and we’ve added some cool new features and permissions.
New Features & Improvements:
- Now your anonymous users / authenticated users can login in AVChat 3 with their Facebook or Twitter accounts.
- Facebook and Twitter share will now work properly with the Drupal Module.
- The AVChat 3 Mobile version will now be served when accessing the chat from a mobile device.
- AVChat 3 is now using SWFObject 2 for embedding the chat’s .swf.
- When AVChat is opened in a pop up window it now fills the entire window. No more white borders.
- The Register and Sign In tab from the AVChat login screen is now shown only for anonymous users – guests.
- The users list type is now set by default to “thumbnail” – Drupal 7 allows users to have an image avatar.
- Anonymous users will now receive a generic username like: “Guest_XXXX”. This will motivate them to sign up and have their own username and profile.
- We’ve added 9 new general AVChat 3 settings and 4 new personalised AVChat 3 settings, detailed below.
- We’ve added 5 new permissions, detailed below.
9 new general settings:
- You can enable / disable Facebook and Twitter connection for anonymous users
- You can set the width and height of the popup window, when the Chat will open option is set to In popup
- You can define the Ban page URL (URL to take users to, when they are banned)
- You can set the Kick page URL (URL to take users to, when they are kicked out of chat)
- You can set the path to be shown in the invite window inside the chat (Invite link)
- You can enable / disable the preview of YouTube videos and pictures
- You can enable / disable showing avatars in the text chat (You need AVChat3 build 3097 for this)
- You can turn on right to left (RTL) AVChat mode
- You can define the width and height of the preview area in which uploaded images and image URLs are reviewed in text chat area.
4 new personalized settings:
- You can assign a badge to each user role. This badge will show up in the users list.
- You can specify which room(s) each user group can see
- You can specify in what room(s) each user group should be placed when entering the chat
- You can enable/disable the ability of a user group to join other rooms
5 new user roles permissions:
- You can force a user role to broadcast their cam before they can see other webcams
- You can allow users in a user role to change their usernames
- You can allow users in a user group to be moderators for the rooms that they create
- You can allow users in a user group to invite other users to join the room they create
- You can allow users in a user group to invite other users to view their webcam
- No more cookies, AVChat 3 is using now the Drupal native functions instead however you have to set $cookie_domain = ‘.avchat.net’ with your domain name in sites -> default -> settings.php. For more info see the documentation.
The new build number is 3181 and can be downloaded from your private client area.
For any other issues or questions, feel free to contact the tech support team.
Note*: in this build we did not change anything for Drupal 5 and 6!
Have a great day!