New AVChat 3 module for Social Engine 4 build (1384)
Last summer we made a small silent build of the SE4 AVChat Module with a lot of focus o usability and understanding of features. We spent a lot of time going over 1) what webmasters would need and 2) the copy.
Today we’re taking this work even further with the following updates:
- automated update procedure from earlier module versions to current one (yeeeessssss finally) with proper version numbering to match the build numbers from your client area.
- even better descriptions of AVChat 3 permissions in the SE4 admin area
- removed unused permissions
- better AVChat 3 global settings
- bug fixes for the module and for the Who’s Chatting widget
To update your AVChat 3 module for Social Engine 4:
- go to your client page ( provided after the purchase ),
- download the latest AVChat 3 Plugin for SocialEngine 3 and 4 build (1384),
- unpack avchat3_socialengineall_UNZIPFIRST.zip,
- install the new package (module-avchat3-1384.tar) on your social engine community just like as you would do it for the first time,
- during the installation you will be prompted to upgrade (and not to install),
- the rest of the process will be automated.
IMPORTANT: The AVChat 3 permissions will be updated only for the default user levels. The AVChat 3 permissions for custom user levels have to be set manually in SE4 Admin >> Manage >> AVChat 3 Permissions.
To update the Who’s Chatting widget, do the same.
To install the module for the 1st time just follow the AVChat 3 module for Social Engine 4 installation instructions.
If you have any questions, drop us an email at email@example.com .