We are proud to announce that the AVChat 3 integration kits now supports the newly released Joomla! 3.0.1 .
There have been a lot of changes in the Joomla! 3.0 release, new design, new features, new security updates, but this version is intended, as the Joomla! team says, for developers or early adopters, who want to benefit from the latest cutting edge features.
If you want a more stable version, that has been more rigorously tested, then try Joomla! 2.5 that will be supported until 2014 and wait for the Joomla! 3.5 to come out. We will keep you up to date when that happens and be sure your favorite video chat will be integrated with it.
This component installs as any other Joomla! component:
- Login to your Joomla! 3.0 administrator area (http://yourJoomlaWebSite.com/administrator/) and go to Extensions -> Extensions Manager.
- Click the Browse button next to the Upload Package File file field and select the Joomla! 3.0 component zip file (avchat3_joomla_integrationKits_UNZIPFIRSTjoomla3.0.xjoomla3.0.x_componentcom_avchat3.zip) and then click the Upload File & Install button. You should now see a success message.
- Now using an FTP program, go to the Joomla! installation folder/components/com_avchat3/chat/ on your web server and put in there the contents of the folder named Files to upload to your web site from the AVChat 3.0.zip archive.
- CHMOD the /components/com_avchat3/chat/uploadedFiles folder to 777 (otherwise the upload function might not work)
- Create a new folder tokens (components/com_avchat3/chat/tokens) and CHMOD it to 777 (otherwise we might have token generation issues later on)
- Close the FTP program cause we don’t need it anymore!
- Back in the Joomla! 3.0 administrator area go to Components->AVChat3
- Click on the Options button at the top right, a modal window will show up with the AVChat 3 General Settings tab visible.
- Set the value of RTMP Connection String
- Click on the Permissions tab to setup the AVChat 3 permissions for each user group.
- By default all permissions are set to “Inherited” for all user groups which means you are not allowed to use that featureunless you are part of the Super Users group.Most of your users will be in the Registered user group so we will give them aceess to the chat. To do that, in the Permissions window:
- Set Allow access to the Chat’s User Interface to “Allowed”
- Set Allow users to join other rooms to “Allowed”
- Set Allow users to send messages in text chat area to “Allowed”
- Click on Save.
- Close the Options Window, reload the page and click [Connect]. The video chat will connect to the media server. Once the connection succeeds you will be asked for the license key:
- Now, that the component and video chat are installed let’s add a link to the video chat in one of the front end menus:
- Go to Menus -> Main Menu -> Add New Menu Item.
- In the menu Item Type field, click on the Select button
- A window will appear. Click on AVCHAT 3
- On the new page give the new menu item a title, select the desired access level from the Access list
- Click the SAVE icon at the top right of the screen.
Where can I get it?
You can download the latest version of integration kits for Joomla! 3.0 from your private client area.