Error 1: If, when trying to connect using AVChat 3, you are getting this error message: Connection failed, media server might be down or firewall might be blocking the connection! like this:
You need to check:
- your rtmp connection string inserted in avc_settings.xxx
- the media server might not be running (you can check if Red5 is running by going to http://yourred5server.com:5080/)
- the media server might have not started properly (thus is not running, you can check the logs in Red5/log for any ERROR messages during startup)
- there is a firewall on the media server blocking TCP traffic over port 1935 (and 5080)
- the user trying to connect is behind a firewall that blocks the connection (either a personal one installed on his computer or a corporate one installed on his network, to test his connection capabilities he should run these connection tests: http://www.flashcomguru.com/apps/port_test/index.cfm )
Error 2: If, when trying to connect using AVChat 3, you are getting this error message: Connection Rejected:No scope ”avchat30/_definst_” on this server OR The connection with the video chat server could not be made like this:
It means you are using Red5 and your Red5 is running but:
- make sure you use Red5 0.8 final (AVChat 3 is not compatible with any other versions)
- make sure you installed the AVChat 3 Red5 server files properly (Red5/webapps/avchat30)
- make sure you restart Red5 after you installed the Red5 server side files (Red5/webapps/avchat30)
Error 3: When trying to connect using AVChat 3, you are getting this error message: Application (avchat30) is not defined , like this:
There are 2 causes/solutions for this error:
- you are using FMIS and you have not created the FMIS server side avchat30 app (FMIS/applications/avchat30), follow the installation instructions and try again.
- If the avchat30 app folder is installed properly restart the FMIS server (or just the vHost trough the FMS Management Console)
Error 4: When trying to connect using AVChat 3, you are getting this error message: Connection success, waiting for server… .
There is 1 possibe cause/solution for this issue:
- the avchat30 application folder was not installed properly on the media server (it does not contain the proper files). make sure you follow the installation instructions for the avchat30 app folder exactly.