How to add a video chat in IP.Board ?
In this post we will find out how to add a brand new video chat system in your IP.Board forum. Fom our studies, this is a very requested feature to add to your community, but if you came to this page, you already know this.
To get the greatest IP.Board chat yet, we will need to download the latest version of AVChat 3 along with the latest integration kit for IP.Board.
Now, let’s begin :
- Depending on your Media Server, here is what you need to upload and were:
- Upload the avchat30 folder from the AVChat 3.0.zip/Files to upload to your media server (Red5 0.8) folder to the webapps folder of your Red5 0.8 installation (C:Program FilesRed5webapps on Win, /opt/red5/webapps/ on Linux).
- Linux only: Chmod the new avchat30 folder to 777.
- Restart the Red5 server
- Upload the applications, lib and conf folders from the AVChat 3.0.zip/Files to upload to your media server (Wowza) folder to the root folder of your Wowza Media Server installation (C:Program FilesWowza Media SystemsWowza Media Server Pro 1.7.2 on Windows).
- Restart the Wowza server
- Upload the avchat30 folder from the AVChat 3.0.zip/Files to upload to your media server (FMS) folder to the applications folder of your FMIS installation (C:Program FilesMacromediaFlash Media Serverapplications on Windows,/opt/macromedia/fms/applications/ on Linux).
- Linux only: Chmod the new avchat30 folder to 777
- Installing the actual IP.Board applicationof AVChat
- Unpack the avchat3_ipboard_3.x_application.zip archive
- Copy the the chat and admin folder into the root of your IP. Board 3 website.
- Now go to the folder where you unzipped the latest AVChat3 archive and copy all the content from Files to upload to your website to the chat folder that you just copied
- Edit chat/avc_settings.php in a text editor and set the value of
$avconfig[‘connectionstring’] like this:
where myFMSserver.com is the domain name or ip of the server where your media server is installed.
- Chmod the chat/uploadedFiles folder to 777 (otherwise the upload function might not work)
- Create a new folder tokens (chat/tokens) and CHMOD it to 777 (otherwise we might have token generation issues later on)
- Login as admin into your forum and go to Admin CP
- Go to Applications & Modules >> Manage Applications & Modules
- Click Install on AVChat 3 Application
- The application will do its installation routine and it will automatically place a link in the forum’s Main Menu