How to open AVChat 3 in a pop up in Joomla! 1.5
There are two ways to open the AVChat Video Chat Component in a pop up in Joomla!:
- Using Joomla!’s default method:
- Log in the administrator area of Joomla!.
- In the Menus area edit the link to AVChat 3.
- Set the On Click, Open in option to New Window without Browser Navigation (screenshot below)
- Click Save.
That’s it! Clicking the link in the menu will now open the video chat in a pop up. Using this method however you will not have control over the pop up dimensions
- A way that allows you to control the size of the pop up:
- For this you’ll need to login to your website with an FTP client (FileZilla is our favourite) and go to /components/com_avchat3/
- Open avchat3.php for editing.
- Replace the object & embed html tags (everything from <object… to </object>) with this html code:
- Save the file and make sure you upload it back to the web server.
You can change the size of the pop up by editing the width and height properties in the code above.
2 thoughts on “How to open AVChat 3 in a pop up in Joomla! 1.5”
I have tried this but cannot get it to work.. can you be more precise which text needs to be replaced?
I assume you have tried the 2nd method mentioned above. In this case you have to replace everything between (and including)