Updated AVChat Integration Kit for Joomla! 1.6 (build 1263)
One week from the official integration kit for Joomla! 1.6 release we’re pushing the first official update that includes some awesome new features and a few bug fixes.
There’s a whole new revamped Who’s Online Module, new permissions for user groups and full control over how AVChat opens (in a pop up or embedded).
New, revamped Who’s Chatting Module for Joomla! 1.6:
- Quick info about rooms and users
- Detailed user info: indicators that users have their cam and mic turned on and indicator if a user’s stream is private
- Detailed room info: We added a rooms list in the module and next to each room you will find how many users are logged into that room. But , the coolest feature is that clicking a room takes you directly into it. Private rooms have indicators and they can be clicked only by admins or moderators.
Here’s how it looks now:
Impressive isn’t it? 🙂
New features for the AVChat Component for Joomla! 1.6 :
- Controll weather AVChat will open in a pop up or embedded in a page on your web site:
- Control over the Upgrade button in AVChat directly from the Joomla! admin area (you can specify an upgrade link)
- Control in what rooms users will be dropped directly from the Joomla! admin area (by specifying the room id)
- 2 new permissions for each User Group:
- Allow users to browse the rooms list (if denied, users will not be able to click rooms in Who’s chatting module also)
- Allow admins/moderators to login as hidden.
New features for the AVChat Component for Joomla! 1.5 :
- auto detect if the AVChat client files have been installed properly and show proper error (instead of a huge black empty box).
- JomSocial gender detection dropped for the moment because the gender is stored in various string formats across websites and might cause conflicts with your websites.
- Fixed online users list height (usefull for websites with a large number of logged in chat users)
- Fixed profile image paths
Pricing and purchase:
If you currently own a license for AVChat 3 and the Joomla! 1.0 , 1.5 and 1.6 integration kits, you will automatically have access to the new Joomla! 1.6 integration kit update (just download the Joomla! archive again from your client/trial area).
If you are planning to purchase it, the price will be the same as for all other integrations: $49 and it will come together with the Joomla 1.0 and 1.5 integration kits.
Give us feedback:
We love feedback so if you want a feature that is not included yet in the component/modules, you can suggest it in the Joomla! 1.6 forum topic or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update packages will keep on coming ;).