New AVChat Plugin Pro 2.0 (build 522) for WordPress is here
We’ve released a major new version of AVChat Plugin Pro for WordPress 3.x. We’ve given it the 2.0 version name (build 522) because we’ve made some seriously major changes:
1) We’ve fundamentally changed the way it works: we’ve switched from sessions to native WordPress code. Sessions are not used anymore to store AVChat 3 settings and permissions. The changes are present in both integration.php and index_popup.php. This will solve the issues with index_popup not working properly when the user visited the page directly (without going through the WordPress chat page) and some issues we’ve seen with WordPress installs on CDNs and cached servers.
2) We’ve implemented better integration with BuddyPress and with WP User Avatar:
- correct path to the BuddyPress and WP User Avatar image
- correct profile link to BuddyPress profile pages
3) We’ve also made lots of useful changes:
- Facebook and Twitter share will now work properly
- Now you can change the width and height of popup window and the embeded swf directly in the WP backend
- The Register and Sign In tab from the AVChat login screen is now shown only to visitors
- The users list type is now set by default to “thumbnail”
- Removed the option Free video time (it’s now deprecated because it has been replaced by the PPV API)
4) Users can login in AVChat 3 with their Twitter account. Here is the documentation on how to set it up.
5) Added a short code mechanism so that you can:
- set a drop in room,
- define one or multiple rooms users can see in the rooms panel using
- hide the rooms list entirely
Here’s how a short code wold look:
Here is the documentation on how to set it up.
6) 17 new general settings:
- You can set Twitter Consumer Key and Twitter Consumer Secret from the backend without editing any php or html file
- You can set an image for the Popup Button
- You can set the width and height of the popup window, when the Chat will open option is set to In popup
- You can define width and height of chat swf
- You can define the Ban page URL (URL to take users to when they are banned)
- You can set the Kick page URL (URL to take users to when they are kicked)
- You can define the maximum size of a file that can be uploaded
- You can define the number of seconds after an user becomes idle
- You can define the width and height of the preview area in which uploaded images and image URLs are reviewed in text chat area.
- You can enable / disable the preview of YouTube videos and pictures
- You can enable / disable showing avatars in the text chat (You need AVChat3 build 3097 for this)
- You can turn on right to left (RTL) AVChat mode
- You can define the background image url
- You can enable / disable the web cam docking
- You can define the history length for admin
- You can choose what to use in AVChat, real name or username
- You can define user list type by choosing from: Thumbnail, Small Thumbnail or Small
7) 3 new personalized settings:
- You can assign a badge to each user role. This badge will show up in the users list.
- You can specify which room(s) each user role can see
- You can specify which room(s) each user role can’t see
8) 12 new user roles permissions:
- You can force a user role to broadcast their cam before they can see other webcams
- You can allow users in a user role to be moderators for the rooms that they create
- You can allow users in a user role to invite other users to view their webcam
- You can allow users in a user role to invite other users to join the room they create
- You can allow users in a user role to urls in text chat
- You can allow users in a user role to emails in text chat
- You can allow an admin to delete rooms
- You can allow an admin to remove bans
- You can allow admin to view private streams without permission
- You can allow admin to enter private rooms without permission
- You can allow admin to access ban panel
- You can allow admin to view extra info
9) We’ve also updated the Log In with Facebook documentation because of changes to their interface.
The new build number is 522 but in your WordPress website will have the 2.0 version number and can be downloaded from your private client area.
Have a great day!