Silence Users now possible in new AVChat 3 build (1477 Easter build)
This is the first build with the new dedicated team for AVChat (more on that in a future blog post) and we’ve tried to implement some of the requests that you’ve asked for but also fix some of the bugs reported and unreported.
The main new feature in this build is the Silence feature which allows admins to block users from doing anything in a chat room for 30 seconds (period can be changed). Here’s how it looks when you’re silenced:
So, here’s everything that’s new:
- Silence option for admins that offers to an admin the option to silence an user for an amount of time controlled from avc_settings.xxx (silenceDuration). There is also a setting (adminCanSilenceOtherAdmins) to control whether an admin can silence other admins and another setting (adminCanSilenceFromRoom) for the state of the silence button. At this time this option silences an user by using his IP address so any user using the silenced IP will be affected.
- Block Buzz Sounds button added in the toolbar under the text chat area
- Erase All Screens button for admins in the toolbar under the text chat area. This will currently erase the screens of all rooms (weather or not the admin is logged in them) for all users. This feature helps the admin remove unwanted stuff (like spam links or images or videos) from the text chat.
- showNumberOfCamsAndMics setting in avc_settings.xxx that controls whether the number of cams and mics are shown to admins in the users list
- Error messages in the client area are now selectable so that they can be copied and pasted.
Here’s what’s fixed:
- Misalignment of the text errors and login/register buttons when resizing the AVChat area
- Fixed issue with some YouTube links that were not properly formatted
- Fixed issue with link on avc_settings.xxx related error messages not working
That wraps it up for the Easter build. A new build will be released at the beginning of May in which we will implement more feature requests.
How to get the new build:
The new build is available in your private client/trial areas.
How to upgrade an existing build:
You need to overwrite your existing AVChat files (both client side and server side) and clear your browser cache.
There’s a forum thread regarding this build available here: http://avchathq.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1561-new-avchat3-build-1477-easter-build-available/
2 thoughts on “Silence Users now possible in new AVChat 3 build (1477 Easter build)”
This website is amazing, and I think it has saved my HSC. So thankyou
I’m glad such a great feat from IBM would show “smartest” people who they really are. It’s people who created Watson are really the ones deserving all the publicity and money Jeopardy advertise for its quite… let’s be real time-wasting-not-educating-at-all show games.