Why would AVChat 3 fail to connect to the media server?
Error 1: If, when trying to connect using AVChat 3, you are getting this error message: Connection failed, media server might be down or firewall might be blocking the connection! like this:
You need to check:
- your rtmp connection string inserted in avc_settings.xxx
- the media server might not be running (you can check if Red5 is running by going to http://yourred5server.com:5080/)
- the media server might have not started properly (thus is not running, you can check the logs in Red5/log for any ERROR messages during startup)
- there is a firewall on the media server blocking TCP traffic over port 1935 (and 5080)
- the user trying to connect is behind a firewall that blocks the connection (either a personal one installed on his computer or a corporate one installed on his network, to test his connection capabilities he should run these connection tests: http://www.flashcomguru.com/apps/port_test/index.cfm )
Error 2: If, when trying to connect using AVChat 3, you are getting this error message: Connection Rejected:No scope ”avchat30/_definst_” on this server OR The connection with the video chat server could not be made like this:
It means you are using Red5 and your Red5 is running but:
- make sure you use Red5 0.8 final (AVChat 3 is not compatible with any other versions)
- make sure you installed the AVChat 3 Red5 server files properly (Red5/webapps/avchat30)
- make sure you restart Red5 after you installed the Red5 server side files (Red5/webapps/avchat30)
Error 3: When trying to connect using AVChat 3, you are getting this error message: Application (avchat30) is not defined , like this:
There are 2 causes/solutions for this error:
- you are using FMIS and you have not created the FMIS server side avchat30 app (FMIS/applications/avchat30), follow the installation instructions and try again.
- If the avchat30 app folder is installed properly restart the FMIS server (or just the vHost trough the FMS Management Console)
Error 4: When trying to connect using AVChat 3, you are getting this error message: Connection success, waiting for server… .
There is 1 possibe cause/solution for this issue:
- the avchat30 application folder was not installed properly on the media server (it does not contain the proper files). make sure you follow the installation instructions for the avchat30 app folder exactly.
15 thoughts on “Why would AVChat 3 fail to connect to the media server?”
Hello, I see this error when I enter the admin panel, but it works correctly when I enter as a normal user.
This is the error:
Connection Rejected: [Server.Reject]: Adapter: _defaultRoot_, vhost: _defaultVHost_, App: avchat30/_definst_ (onConnect call failed)
Any solution or idea?
Maybe someone has enabled swf verification on your FMS hosting account/server ? Please contact support at: http://avchat.net/support/request-support/
I’ve had this problem with one user who complained about it. It turns out he needed to update flash. After the Flash update, everything was working correctly.
I am trying to test your software to see if it’s integration with my website is worth buying. However; I keep getting an error message: Connection Rejected! you are not connecting from a licensed domain. I can only assume that the trial license is no good.
Help Needed! I would like to go live soon.
Thanks in advance,
Please send an email with a direct link to where you installed the chat to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can take a look.
RTMPT DEFAULT TimeOut I received this when I ran the test. I have checked all my firewalls on three different computers and I keep getting “media server failed to connect, might be blocked by a firewall.” I can understand one computer, but three diffferent computers not letting me log into the chat area does not make sense to me.
If these computers are behind the same router/network/proxy then the routet/network/proxy is to blame. Try from your home computer. You can also email email@example.com with a direct link to were you have it installed.
When there is more than one error message, they are overlaid on top of each other.
I cannot tell which condition I am troubleshooting 🙁
When I install avchat 3 (the trial version) , automatically it will be disabled (by WordPress I supose).
What to do?
Thank you !!!
Open a support ticket from your client area and send us a link to where you have it installed.
Hi, my name is Solomon and I am the CEO of Mybodyguardians.com
I have been having a lot of difficulty figuring out how to get your video chat service going on my website. The first time, I used the trial for the video chat and it did not work. I was able to use another trial and it is still not working. I accidentally change the connection string on the video chat and I tried to use av chat for my media server and it still didn’t work. I am very frustrated it has been over 2 weeks since I have been trying this on my wordpress website. Please respond to me ASAP!!!! The connection string might be the issue, but I do not know anymore
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can check your set-up.
The issue was caused by trying to use AVChat with Wowza Streaming Cloud instead of Wowza Streaming Engine.
Wowza Streaming Cloud is a streaming service that’s only meant for streaming, it does not work for hosting Wowza apps like AVChat.
I have the web with wordpress.
Install the red5, but I see the interface at boot by http://www.domain.com:5080/
but I start the red5 server in linux VPS and works ok with the command.
The avchat installed, but upon entering wordpress> plugins> video chat standard setting> plugin settings> RTMP
In the field
Connection string *
Required. Enter the RTMP connection string to the avchat30 app on your media server.
Example: rtmp: //my-media-server.com/avchat30/_definst_
I do not get to know what my media server, the red5 is installed and inside the folder / usr / local / red5 / webapps folder is the avchat30.
You need to configure, can help thanks.